We recommend that you review this Policy in its entirety and revisit it periodically, as it may change from time to time. All changes will be posted on the True North Sites.
1. AccountabilityWe are responsible for personal information in our possession or under our control. Our Director of Information Technology has been designated as our Chief Privacy Officer. He is responsible for our organization's compliance with applicable privacy legislation, including PIPEDA. His contact information is as follows:
Mr. Dan Gill
Chief Privacy Officer
True North Sports & Entertainment Limited
345 Graham Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3C 5S6
T: (204) 987-7825
F: (204) 896-6673
2. PurposesWe will identify the purposes for which we collect, use or disclose personal information at or before the time of collection. The purposes will be limited to those related to our business and to those that a reasonable person would consider appropriate. In most cases, these purposes will be clearly identified in writing. In other cases, depending on the circumstances, the purposes will be implied. For instance, when you purchase hockey tickets, or tickets for other MTS Centre events, you implicitly give us your consent to use and disclose your personal information to administer and deliver this service to you. If we intend to use or disclose any personal information for purposes not previously identified, we will identify this new purpose before such use or disclosure.
3. ConsentWe will obtain your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information except where inappropriate. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. We may seek your consent orally, electronically or in writing.
Sometimes, but only regarding non-sensitive personal information, your consent may be implied. For instance, by entering one of our on-line contests, your consent to our use of your personal information to administer the contest is implied by your completion of the on-line entry form. Also, with non-sensitive personal information (i.e. name, address, phone number and e-mail address) only, we may use it to send you information about True North, its products, business and upcoming events until you advise us that you no longer wish to receive such information. However, when using this "opt-out" method of consent, we will provide you with a clear and simple process for having your name and contact information removed from such communications.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use or disclosure of such information for this new purpose.
4. Information We Collect and UseWe collect your personal information in a number of different ways.
For instance, we collect information from you when you register for one of our contests or promotions, purchase tickets, or complete market research studies conducted by us from time to time. We also collect your information when you subscribe to become one of our season seatholders or suiteholders, or when you purchase tickets or products from us. We may also collect your personal information when you request information from us to process a complaint that you have registered with us. For the most part, the type of personal information we collect from you includes the following: name, address, age, phone number and other contact information, personal preferences and opinions. When you purchase tickets or merchandise from us or subscribe to be a season seatholder or suiteholder, we will collect certain relevant financial information from you, which is necessary to process any such purchases or administer such accounts.
We will limit the amount and type of personal information collected from you to that, which is necessary for the purposes we have communicated to you. Further, we will retain your personal information only for so long as is necessary to fulfill our stated purposes.
The True North Sites contain links to other third party sites. True North is not responsible for the privacy policies or content on such sites.
5. Use of Personal InformationWe may use your personal information in any of the following ways:
(i) To provide you with products, services or information that you have requested from us. This would include e-mail newsletter services, fan club information, contests, mail-order consumer product catalogues, merchandise offers and event information;
(ii) To manage your season, partial-season or individual event seatholder or suiteholder account (including sending you ticket information and offers that may be of interest to you), or processing any purchases you have made with us. This will involve disclosing your information to our ticketing service provider;
(iii) To better understand your interests or preferences, so that we may recommend particular products, offers or services that are consistent with these interests and preferences. For instance, on the True North web sites, we may use this personal information to personalize the content or layout to enhance the experience of your visit. Alternatively, we may, from time to time, provide information to strategic business partners whose products or services may be of interest to you;
(iv) To conduct market research;
(v) To administer promotions and contests conducted by us for which you have registered to participate;
(vi) To process customer/fan complaints/feedback.
We may also disclose your personal information to a third party who is:
(i) Assisting us in providing products or services to you, or with our general administration and business operations (including debt collection);
(ii) Affiliated with or otherwise related to or part of our corporate group; or
We will protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual or other means, stipulating the purposes for which it is to be used and the necessity to provide a comparable level of protection.
6. AccuracyWe will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate, complete and up-to-date. In the event that you become aware of errors in your personal information, we would very much appreciate you submitting appropriate notification and corrective information to us. In such an event, we will correct the information in our records and make reasonable efforts to communicate the error to any appropriate parties that were misinformed.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You can help protect the security of your personal information as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your account or registration information. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using any of the True North Sites or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
True North computer servers that store personal information are kept in a secure environment and are backed up on regular, scheduled basis.
A printed copy will be provided, from time to time, to our season and partial-season seatholders or suiteholders, or other recurring patrons deemed appropriate.
9. Individual AccessWe will give you access to the information we retain about you. Upon your request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address noted below and we will look after your request.
In certain situations, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information. For instance, if doing so would likely reveal personal information about another individual or any of our confidential information. In such a case, we will provide you with the reasons for denying your request.
Any information voluntarily provided to True North by patrons, such as a complaint, witness statement, or the like, will be held in confidence by True North, unless or until such time as True North is compelled to produce such information or determines, in its sole discretion, that disclosing such information would be in the public interest.
11. Children's Privacy StatementAt True North and True North web sites, we take our responsibilities to our younger visitors and patrons seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding personal information requested from children under 13 years old.
We will not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (such as full name, home address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). We may use age screening mechanisms to help us determine if a user is under the age of 13. If the True North Sites determine that the user is under the age of 13, he/she will be directed to content that does not involve the submission of personal information.
From time to time, we may post information on our site about other promotions, contests or games that are open to children but that require personal information to participate. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the website and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to provide personal information on the website or to enter these contests online.
If, at any time, a parent withdraws his or her consent to our use, disclosure or retention of personal information collected from his or her child, we will promptly remove such information from our database.
If you have any comments or questions on policies related to children's data or about our commitment to protecting your and your children's privacy, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at the e-mail address identified below.
True North Privacy Office
345 Graham Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3C 5S6
T: (204) 987-7825
F: (204) 926-5555